This article is an explanation and short instruction on how to use the IOLITE-8xDI-4xDO.
This IOLITE module has 8 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs, and it is a perfect combination for control applications as
each digital out channel has two available digital-in channels, which can be used for detecting both end positions of an actuator.
The basic idea is that a sensor can be directly powered through the pins so no additional external wiring is needed.
For the output side, it is basically a ''switch'' that provides power controlled via Dewesoft software.
The module includes a power out option, where an unregulated power supply voltage is brought to the 2-pin PWR OUT connector.
On the picture below is a connection diagram of how the power from the IN pins is distributed through the connectors.
PWR IN pins are meant for powering the DI-DO channels. It is possible to use the device's power supply (PWR OUT) or an external DC power connected directly to PWR IN.
1. Using power provided from the device (max current is 2A):
2. Using an external power supply:
- PWR OUT pins are intended to power external loads. Do not connect an external power supply to the PWR OUT pins as it can damage the equipment!
- The current limit of the PWR OUT source is 2 A per module.
- The current limit of the IOLITE system is 16 A!
3. The digital inputs are protected and galvanically separated through an optocoupler:
The digital input channel is designed that it can detect positive and negative voltage.
Input high level is -48 V ~ -3 V, +3 V ~ +48 V
4. Digital inputs also support other possible connections:
Please note that if you are connecting a power supply directly to the digital input, powering through the PWR IN pins is not required.