Description of the problem
How to automate exporting multiple .dxd data files. to a specific file format?
Description of the solution
For automating the export we will use the Sequencer. In the attachment is an example of this sequence.
- When you make this new sequence, you need to define 2 variables in the settings. Both have Data type "Text". The first one (DataFolder) is the file location where your data files are located and you need to write that as the Default value (this location can later be changed in the sequence). The second variable (CurrentFileName) is the current file name. Here you need to leave the default value empty.
- For the first block we use a calculation block where we set the folder location for the .dxd data files we would like to export.
- In the second block we search for the first file in the previously selected folder that has the .d7d extension and we write that files name in the CurrentFileName variable.
- We then use the If block to check if the file exists. If it does we load the file, export it to the wanted format. In this example the file is exported to the Matlab file format. In the end we search for the next file which has the .d7d extension.
- If we don't have any more .d7d files in the folder (the "If" block detects that), we search for files that have the .dxd extension. Point 4. is then repeated for .dxd files.